The latest trend of farmhouse kitchen decor is definitely taking on a European influence.
It’s a look that adds softness and a collected refinement to crisp modern lines. Add warmth and character to your space with one of this years biggest trends, Artisan Layers. Artisan-made goods like hand-thrown ceramics, oil paintings, carved wooden bowls, hand-knotted rugs, and shapes from antiquity can add layers of depth to your kitchen. Read on for examples and ideas on how to get the look!
GET THE LOOK
- Add ceramic vases, lamps, and jugs to your decor. Look for interesting glazes, colors, and shapes.
- Layer carved bowls and cutting boards to your kitchen
- Swap out your plastic canisters for hand-thrown pottery or antique crocks.
- Splurge on a fancy custom stove and hood.
- Mix wood tones with a neutral palette.
- Keep upper shelves white or go for open shelves.
- Add color and pattern with hand-knotted rugs. They look beautiful in traditional spaces like bedrooms and living spaces, but can also double as doormats and bathroom mats for a unique feel in every space.
- Add the Color of the Year: Classic Blue with traditional Chinoiserie
- Get the look with antiques. You can often get an artisan feel for less this way than buying direct from current artists.